Christopher Sowton ND
Dreamwork • Naturopathy • Homeopathy
I am a naturopath, homeopath, and dreamworker with a practice in downtown Toronto. I have a particular interest in helping my patients understand the patterns that hold them back from better health and a greater sense of fulfillment. These patterns are reflected in chronic symptoms, in repetitively stuck life situations, and (perhaps most dramatically) in the dream life.
More recently, I have focused on training healthcare practitioners of many kinds to integrate dreamwork into their own practices. I have developed a dreamworking method which can be used by practitioners facilitating their clients, and by non-practitioners who are trying to get more out of their own personal dreams. In 2013, I authored The Dreamworking Manual: A Guide to Using Dreams in Health Care. My new book Dreamworking: How to Listen to the Inner Guidance of Your Dreams is now available on Amazon. Now available in bookstores and on Amazon.
For my full biography click here
My recent teaching and lecturing includes:
- Workshop – “Inside Dreamwork: a one day workshop for dreamers and dreamworkers”, in Toronto, Ontario; Feb 2018.
- Public Talk and Workshop – “Dreams Uncovered–a workshop for dreamers and practitioners”, in St John’s, Newfoundland; Oct 2017.
- Lecture – “Homeopathy: Using the healing energies of nature”, a 2 hour presentation at the Heartwood Gathering, at the Ganaraska Forest Center in Port Hope, Ontario; July, 2017.
- Workshop – “Working from Within: Re-entering dreams to find out what they want” – a 90 minute workshop the 2016 Annual Conference of the International Association for the Study of Dreams in Anaheim, California; June 2016.
- Public Talk – “Dreams and Health” – a two hour talk at the Rosedale Community Hall in Calgary, Alberta; August 2016.
- Lecture – “A Schema for Using Dreams in Homeopathy” – a two hour lecture and the Joint American Homeopathy Conference in Philadelphia, PA; May 2015.
- Lecture – “Dreamwork and Energy Psychology: What Can Our Client’s Dreams Tell Us About Readiness for Treatment?” – a two-hour lecture at the annual Conference for Integrated and Energy Therapies in Toronto, October 2013
- Webinar – “Dreams During Pregnancy” – a two-hour webinar presentation hosted by the APND, Association of Perinatal N.D.’s, May 2014
- Panel presentation – “How Can We Get Dreams Back into Medicine?” – a 30-minute presentation as part of a panel on the role of dreams in health care at the 2013 Annual Conference of the International Association for the Study of Dreams in Virginia Beach, June 2013
- Workshop – “Who is That Knocking at the Door? Differentiating Negative Figures in Dreams” – a one-day workshop for the Continuing Education Department at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Nov, 2012
- Lecture – “Working With Dreams in a Limited Time Frame” – a 90-minute talk at the International Association for the Study of Dreams annual conference in Berkeley, CA, June 2012
- Lecture – “A Crash Course in Human Psychology as it is Expressed in Dreams” given in the Continuing Education Program for Naturopaths at CCNM, Nov 2010
- Lecture – “How to Identify and Work with Common Dream Types” given for The Living Institute Psychotherapy Training Program, Dec 2010
- Lecture – “Using Dreams in Your Practice” given at the British Columbia Naturopathic Association Annual Conference in Vancouver, Oct 2009